History Of Homeopathy
The Use of Homeopathy in Pediatric Medicine
Homeopathy and pediatrics is a combination that many are not accustomed to thinking about explicitly. In fact, homeopathy is regularly used to treat children throughout many parts of the developed world. Although most know very little about homeopathic medicine, following Chinese medicine, homeopathy is the second most prevalent branch of medicine on the planet. Homeopathy is used to treat diseases in children ranging from semi-serious illnesses to the common cold. Although homeopathy works in a number of ways, its most basic function is to help strengthen and focus a child’s immune system when they are sick based on the symptoms and root cause of the ailment. Once their own immune systems become stronger, they are able to fight off diseases more effectively.
What makes homeopathy particularly suited to pediatrics is that the medicine is often sweet and appealing, and has little to no side effects. The pleasant taste combined with the low incidence of side effects such as nausea or drowsiness, ensures that the child will be more likely to take the medication on a regular basis.
Typical Applications of Homeopathy in Pediatrics
Homeopathic treatment usually falls into two categories; either acute or chronic conditions. Acute conditions refer to a sick child that is suffering from such illnesses as colds, sore throats, or the stomach flu. Chronic conditions refer to ailments such as allergies, asthma or any number of skin diseases. Whether dealing with acute or chronic conditions in children, homeopathy has proven to be quite effective. In the case of acute conditions, parents often can treat the child at home with homeopathy.
Over the Counter Products
Parents who choose to treat children with an acute condition at home should consider taking the Homeopathy 101 course.
Homeopathic medicines are free of artificial colors and chemicals and are usually considered safe for infants and children.
Homeopathic medicines come in pills and liquid form. The medicine that is prescribed depends on three things: the type of medicine that is being given, its strength, and the condition of the patient.
Some Other Interesting Facts about Homeopathy
1. Homeopathy is based on clinical and experimental data.
2. The founding father of homeopathy was Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843), a German physician, who developed the basic principles of homeopathy in the late 1700s.
3. Homeopathy is recognized by medical professionals and government agencies including the U.S. Food and Drug Association (FDA), and is regulated as medicine.
4. Sugar pills are commonly used as a binding agent in homeopathic medicine and as carriers for the medicine.
5. Homeopathy uses the principles of dilutions to achieve extremely low concentrations of high potency herbal and other remedies.
6. Homeopathic medicine can work fairly fast in acute cases. In chronic cases, the medication works at a slower pace.
7. Homeopathic medicines are based on naturally occurring remedies, are usually not patented and are therefore cheaper then other types of conventional medicines.
8. Homeopathic medicines usually do not have any side effects.
This self-paced Homeopathy course clearly explains the use of homeopathic remedies in the treatment of various diseases. Our course will cover the basic concepts of homeopathy plus its application when treating illnesses particularly common to women, children, and athletes. The course will highlight the effective homeopathic medication for psychological disorders, infections, allergies, and viral conditions. By providing an interactive learning course for Homeopathy students and practitioners, the class equips them with accurate knowledge on common disorders and their homeopathic remedies.
As a Homeopath, you will hear your patients' life experiences unfold in all their aspects - physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
The course is divided into the following nine comprehensive modules (Lessons), covering the entire aspects of Homeopathy in depth:
*History of Homeopathy
*Principles of Homeopathy
*Homeopathic Medicines for Women's Heath
*Homeopathic Medicines for Children
*Homeopathic Medicines Used for Treating Allergies
*Homeopathic Medicines Used for Sports Medicine
*Homeopathic Medicines Used for Treating Psychological Problems
*Homeopathic Medicines Used in Treating Minor Cuts, & Burns
Homeopathic First Aid Kit
Using Homeopathy at Home & Work
Treatment Program for Home & Work
Common Illness Database Resource Library (Over 75 Illness's)
How Often to Take a Remedy
The beginnings, myths and misconceptions of homeopathy
1. Principles of homeopathy
2. Problems faced by women that can be treated effectively by homeopathic treatment.
3. Homeopathy treatments in treating children's diseases.
4. Homeopathic practices and medicines used to treat allergies.
5. some treatments for sports related injuries
6. Some treatment for psychological problems
7. How homeopathic remedies can work as antibiotics and
cure infections and viral conditions.
8. Valuable tips to determine a qualified and efficient